Shelvoke & Drewry Refuse Collection Vehicle types.
page aims to offer guidance in recognising a Shelvoke & Drewry
refuse collection vehicle and arriving at an approximate manufacturing
There are just five main types to consider:-
1. The Freighter and the Mark II version. In production 1922 – 1952
2. The New type 1937 - 1939
3. The ‘W’ type. In production 1946-1961
4. The ‘T’ type in production 1959 – 1972
5. The ‘N’ type in production 1972 - 1978
6. The ‘P’ type in production from 1978 until SD closed in 1991.
will have been some overlap between the start of production of a
newly introduced type and the end of the previous type.
CLICK ON THE IMAGES BELOW FOR EACH VEHICLE TYPE.
pages were compiled with the assistance of the SD Enthusiasts’ Club
Facebook Group and any corrections and additions are always welcome.
number of times in the text reference is made to Kaleidoscope. This
refers to Kaleidoscope of Shelvoke & Drewry by Nick Baldwin and
William Negus published in 1980. Further details are on the Literature page.
For other pages click